This documentation is only valid for older versions of Wordfence. If you are using Wordfence 7 or later, please visit our.
Wordfence Documentation:Options, Features and Usage
From Wordfence Documentation
Wordfence's options and features are explained here. Having trouble? See the Troubleshooting and Common Errors section.
- Valuable insight into the current state of your site’s security; a summary of activity and enabled features.
Wordfence General Options
- Comprehensive documentation on all the options you see on the Wordfence options page in the plugin.
- How to use Advanced Blocking to block ranges of IP addresses and browser patterns.
- How to interpret and use the Blocked IPs page in Wordfence to manage blocked, locked out and throttled IPs.
- How to set up cellphone sign-in in Wordfence and how to sign-in with your cellphone.
- How to block attacks from specific countries.
- A guide to configuring and using Wordfence Caching and Falcon Cache Engine.
- The Wordfence Web Application Firewall filters out malicious requests to your site.
- A detailed guide to Wordfence live traffic, what each piece of data means and the tab views and how to use them.
- How our new password auditing tools can help you say goodbye to weak user passwords.
- A guide about how to schedule scans in Wordfence.
- How to use Wordfence scanning and how it works.
- How to use Whois and find out who owns IP addresses and block networks.
More Details About Wordfence
- How Wordfence handles Private IP addresses and whitelists them
- Plugins that might have issues and solutions to them
- Our Servers and our IP address range
- What data does Wordfence send to the scanning servers during scans?
- What do Wordfence's cloud servers do?
- What does Wordfence scan?
- Wordfence constants for advanced configuration
- Documentation on the debugging information and options listed on the Wordfence Diagnostics page.