I'd like to reinstall Wordfence completely. How do I do that?
Sometimes you may want to remove Wordfence completely. Other times you may want to delete all Wordfence data and recreate the tables so that Wordfence is reset to defaults. This often helps solve issues with corrupted data. This will also help if you are a free Wordfence user and are getting an error with your free API key.
Note that you can use the procedure below which only requires the Wordfence plugin. Or you can install the Wordfence Assistant plugin which has several options to remove Wordfence data. You can find Wordfence Assistant on this page.
Here’s how you reset Wordfence to defaults and get it to acquire a new free API key. You can also use the first part of this procedure to remove all Wordfence data:
- Sign into your own website’s WordPress admin area.
- Go to the Wordfence ‘options’ page.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom where you’ll find a checkbox labeled "Delete Wordfence tables and data on deactivation"
- Check that box and hit “save”.
- Then go to your Plugins menu and disable Wordfence.
At this point all Wordfence data has been removed from your system including all Wordfence database tables. If you simply wanted to remove Wordfence, you can stop here. If you reenable Wordfence, it will automatically create all the tables it needs and Wordfence will be reset to defaults. All your live traffic data will be deleted and all your Firewall options will be reset to defaults.