Troubleshooting and Common Errors
Common errors and troubleshooting steps are shown in the categories below. If you have a question that has not been answered here, you can visit our official forums if you are a free customer. If you are a Premium customer, you can contact us on our priority support ticketing system.
Cell Phone Sign-In
- Error when trying to add a username to cell phone sign-in
- I'm using WF's cellphone authentication but I don't receive the sms. What's wrong?
Conflicts with Plugins and Themes
- Handling script conflicts on admin pages
- Plugins that might have issues and solutions to them
Falcon Caching and Basic Caching
Firewall and Blocking
- After moving a site or deleting some files, I see: PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required /var/www/html/wordfence-waf.php
- Facebook links result in a Wordfence blocked message. How do I fix that?
- Help! I locked myself out and can't get back in. What can I do?
- I have a referrer/IP address blocked in advanced blocking but Google Analytics says it hit my site. Why is that?
- I cannot set up the Web Application Firewall. What might cause that?
- IP addresses in Live Traffic are all the same, or visitors are blocked without breaking any rules
- My reverse proxy (Varnish, nginx, or a cloud provider) gets blocked instead of a single visitor. How can I prevent that?
- My site uses IPV6. Does Wordfence support that?
- Visitors are being blocked when they have not broken any rules. What can cause this?
- LiteSpeed aborts Wordfence scans and updates. How do I prevent that?
- Possible caching issues on Pagely and other hosts
Scanning and Scan Results
- How do I fix a 'Scan can't continue - stored data not found after a fork. Got type: boolean' error?
- I got a message that my cron key doesn't match the saved key. What does that mean?
- I got an error about Wordfence not being able to sign in as admin when trying to scan
- My scan is stuck. What does fseek() function.fseek: stream does not support seeking mean?
- My Scan terminated with an error "...error connecting to the the Wordfence scanning servers..."
- My scans aren't starting. What would cause that?
- My scans don't finish. What would cause that?
- PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size? What does that mean?
- Red error messages appear in the activity log
- Scan results show Misconfigured "How does Wordfence get IPs"
- Scan results show modified theme or plugin files
- Scheduled scans are not starting
- You sent me a warning that the plugin "" needs an upgrade. How do I find out what plugin is named ""?
- I cleaned my site with Wordfence but Google still says I have malware. What must I do?
- A feature in Wordfence isn't working. What could be causing that?
- Authorize.net transactions blocked
- Google is indexing 'wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=wordfence_logHuman' How do I stop that?
- Emails are no longer being sent from Wordfence, but alerts are enabled
- I see a "connection reset" error message after updating
- I got an error that said 'Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object'. What does the mean?
- I got an error that says my API key is being used by another site. How do I fix that?
- I got a 'Forbidden' message when trying to use a Wordfence feature. What should I do?
- I see 'false' listed instead of an IP address in Live Traffic.
- My options don't save. How can I fix that?
- My scheduled posts are failing. Is wordfence to blame?
- My server reports a "suspicious process" that has been running longer than expected. What is this?
- Why did I get a blank page after a Wordpress automatic update?
- I see an error that says 'Wordfence error: No encryption key found!' How do I fix that?
- Your browser sent an invalid security token to Wordfence. How do I fix that?