This documentation is only valid for older versions of Wordfence. If you are using Wordfence 7 or later, please visit our.
What do Wordfence's cloud servers do?
From Wordfence Documentation
- Maintain a pristine copy of every version of WordPress ever released and information about each file, that allows us to very quickly compare your files with the originals.
- Maintain a pristine copy of every version of every plugin and theme ever released into the WordPress theme and plugin repositories. We also maintain a massive database with information about every file, to rapidly verify your files against the originals.
- Have a list of known malware files that your installation of Wordfence uses to check if any of your files are known malware variants.
- Keep a cached copy of Google’s Safe Browsing list that is updated in real-time and used for your scans.
- Contain data about known vulnerabilities that is sent to your Wordfence plugin during scans.
- Keep a list of known dangerous IPs that is shared among Wordfence sites.
- Perform various other functions that assist with scanning your site and keeping it secure.